The Paramus Police Reserve Unit is only looking for candidates that are going to take this job seriously, and who will act responsibly.
All applicants should keep in mind the following requirements and general considerations:
- Minimum age to apply is 18 years old
- Must be a RESIDENT OF PARAMUS or a bordering town which does not have a reserve or auxiliary unit.
- Position is an unpaid position (VOLUNTARY)
- Applicants should be available to attend Reserve Academy Training consisting of 2 evenings a week for approximately 10 weeks.
- Applicants will be required to pass a background check
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States. (Proof of citizenship required)
- Applicants will be required to obtain a physicians note as to their general health
- Applicants must possess a Valid New Jersey drivers license
Should You Be Accepted as a Reserve Officer
- Officers will be required to work a minimum of 10 hours per month
- Offers are required to attend the monthly Reserve meeting held on the third (3rd) Thursday of every month
- Officers will be required to attend any additional training classes that are given
- Uniform and gear will be provided by the Borough
- New officers will be required to ride with a Senior Training Officer during the probationary period.